Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Celebration

Today we celebrated my children's interim reports
They seem to have
mastered all courses including electives
with the exception of Music
in which Kirby dropped to an 87.5%
(in which I'm sure she can bring up in
the next 3 weeks)
How proud I am of both
she and William

I take extreme pride in this
not just because they are my
children
but because as a single parent
I have to make time for study
we learn daily
we study daily
weekdays, weeknights and spring/summer/winter breaks
it's hard work
We Learn together

So we ate crab, broccoli and fettucini noodles
with Texas toast
with fresh fruit
and sparkling drink in the champagne glass
and water in the other
and we lit the candles
and we toasted several times
with several rounds of drink
and dinner napkins
beautiful stoneware and marble handled silverware

and we had a ball
and we didn't have to go far away
to enjoy
and we served ourselves
and we were joyous and loving

We couldn't ask for a better celebration

3 comments:

JustMeWriting said...

WOW... that's wonderful. I've been blessed to be able to rave about the same things lately. My baby boy (11) has excelled in pretty much everything and is teaching himself a song a day on the paino...and my big baby (15) is doing more studing on Algebra, which he's had a problem with, but now he's trying harder and trying out for the football team. Thank God for these wonderful children...and thanks for visisting my page.

IYMS said...

That is so special. You sound so proud of your children. Keep up the excellent work and be blessed.

CapCity said...

Congrats & that IS a blessing as the others have stated:-)